Sunday, May 20, 2012

Morgantown 2nd Ward Half Marathon

Well, why my sister was doing a full 'IronMan' in St. George, I was running a delightful 13.2 miles on the rails-trails.  Johnny decided to run it too!  We are arrived at the race and John happened to be the only male running.  But, that didn't stop him.  He paced me the first 6 miles and then took off about half way.
 Kari made medals for everyone who completed the race.

The day was overcast and tye-dye t-shirts was the running apparel of choice.  I am not a big fan of running in cotton and now I understand why.  By about mile 8, I was soaked through, but at least I looked good.  Our good friend, Kari, had set up the race 6.5 miles down and a little over 6.5 miles back, there were even water stations along the way.  I am so grateful for my Johnny who kept me going.  For the second half, I tried not to let him out of my sight.  He was running about a 7 minute-mile though and it was a little difficult.  I finished the half in about 1:50, not too shabby.

1 comment: